Jacksonville Asphalt Overlay
Asphalt pavement repair can be done in many different ways. If the damage is severe, the best option is usually asphalt overlay. Asphalt overlay involves installing a patch of new asphalt over the damaged area.
At ABC, we offer Jacksonville asphalt overlay services and the surrounding area. Our experts can evaluate the damage to your asphalt parking lot and suggest the most suitable and convenient solution.
Our goal is to ensure a long asphalt lifespan without unreasonable repair expenses. Our experts are always available for a free estimate and professional advice.
What You Need to Know About Jacksonville Asphalt Overlay
Jacksonville asphalt overlay is an excellent solution for your parking lot damage problem. While asphalt is a durable material, it can be susceptible to sun and water damage.
If you are wondering whether you need an asphalt overlay, consider evaluating the condition of your parking lot pavement. Overlaying is an excellent solution for:
- Uneven asphalt surfaces
If you take care of asphalt damage quickly, you can avoid costly repaving. Besides being highly inconvenient, asphalt damage can be dangerous. Potholes are a major tripping hazard, which could lead to expensive personal injury lawsuits.
As soon as you spot a pothole, you need to take care of it immediately. Allowing it to sit there could lead to further damage, and repaving may become unavoidable.
The process of Jacksonville asphalt overlay is different from repaving. Here are the steps we take to make sure your parking lot is as good as new:
- Remove the top asphalt layer in the damaged area. We remove up to three inches of your old asphalt. The layer thickness depends on the depth of the crack or pothole.
- Once the top layer is off, we repair and fill the cracks and potholes. Our team always inspects the parking lot thoroughly to discover the cause of the damage. By removing the cause, we prevent the problem from occurring again.
- When the asphalt base is repaired, we apply a fresh layer of asphalt.
Unlike repaving, overlaying doesn’t require you to remove the entire surface layer or grade the underlying soil.
3. Life Expectancy
With the right approach to asphalt maintenance, a new pavement can last for 15 to 20 years. However, the overlay stays intact for about 10 to 15 years. So if you want the pavement to last longer, you may want to consider full repaving.
We recommend our clients to consider repaving since it is:
- Fast – we get the job done in 24 to 48 years (depending on the weather conditions)
- Convenient – you only have to close off one part of your parking, leaving the rest available to clients and employees.
- Cost-effective – Jacksonville asphalt overlay is less expensive than repaving. However, it yields similar results.
If you aren’t sure which solution is the best for your parking lot, our experts are always ready to offer a detailed consultation.
Leading Jacksonville Asphalt Overlay Contractors
ABC Paving and Sealcoating is the leading asphalt overlay company in Jacksonville. We take care of all your parking lot needs from paving and sealcoating to repair and overlay.
Our experts prefer taking a unique approach to each project with clear goals in mind. Our focus is 100% client satisfaction and maximum asphalt pavement longevity.
Call Your Jacksonville Asphalt Overlay Company Today
Property owners don’t always have a clear understanding of what their parking lot requires. Whether you already have an asphalt parking lot or just thinking about paving one, we are here to help.
Please contact our experts for free paving, sealcoating, or overlay estimate at any convenient time.